The Best Apple Protein Bars - No Bake and Easy to Make
By Katie Cummings
With Fall right around the corner, Minnesota apples are ripe for the picking! There is nothing better than to cook/bake/eat the produce that is local and in season and right now we are entering apple season! I picked these from my mom’s orchard in Lake Shore, MN with my two-year-old daughter, Charlotte. We have a lot of ideas on what to do with all the apples and one recipe that I would like to share is my Apple Protein Bars. These truly are so easy to make and are filled with wholesome and clean ingredients. Plus, you don’t need to bake them…just 30 minutes in the refrigerator and they are ready to eat!
Apple Protein Bar Ingredients
2 1/2 cups coconut flour
½ cup vanilla protein powder
2 T cane sugar
1 T cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup peanut butter (or can use any type of nut butter like almond butter)
½ cup maple syrup
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (can use two medium size fresh apples and blend until smooth)
1 T + almond milk or milk of choice
Instructions for no bake, easy protein bars with apples
1. Start with lining a large baking dish with greased paper and set aside.
2. Combine flour, protein powder, cane sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg in large bowl and mix well.
3. Use a microwave-safe bowl and combine the nut butter and maple syrup and heat approx. 45 seconds until melted. Add to the dry mixture and stir completely.
4. If you are making your own applesauce (which is very easy) just core the apples and place into a strong blender. I like to use the Nutri-Ninja. Add 1 T of almond milk to apples and blend on high.
5. Add the unsweetened applesauce and almond milk to the mixture until combined and crumbly.
6. Add more almond milk little by little until the batter becomes thick and firm.
7. Pour the thick batter to the greased baking dish and press or roll into 1” thickness.
8. Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
9. Cut into 1” x 4’’ bars and place in container. Refrigerate up to one week or can freeze for a great grab and go snack!
Let us know if you try them and what you think! If you have a great apple or fall snack or meal we’d love to try it too! Cherish the last few days of summer and if you are like us we can’t wait for the colors and tastes of a Minnesota Fall!